Image Map

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Guest Blogger Wednesday {three}

It's Wednesday! You know what that means! We welcome yet another amazing blogger to
Guest Blogger Wednesday {three}
This week I'd like to introduce Dawn from
Addicted To Recipes
Dawn is sharing a recipe today that totally is taking me back to my High School French Class (circa 1996) I love these things and keep telling myself I need to make them here at home, so this is a must try for me!
Dawn, welcome to Cups by Kim!
 Hello to all my new friends at Cups by Kim!  I am just so thrilled to be writing a guest post for Kim…don’t you all agree that her work is amazing?!!  I am always in awe of her cupcakes and cakes. Thank you Kim for this opportunity! 
My name is Dawn, and I write the blog “Addicted to Recipes.”  I am a recipe junkie, I have been collecting recipes since I was a child, and at the start of 2012 I decided it was time to put those recipes to work. Each week I prepare at least one new recipe for my family (my wonderful husband and two amazing sons) and I blog about it.  I also host a weekly recipe link party – a fantastic way to see what my foodie friends are up to, and to add to my recipe collection! 

This week I decided to make “Strawberry Cream Crepes” for my family.  I’ve never made crepes before (can you believe it?!) so, no time like the present.  Here are the recipes I used:

Strawberry Cream Crepes
CrepesSource – Company’s Coming Desserts
4 eggs
1 cup milk
1 cup water
2 cups flour
4 tablespoons cooking oil
1 teaspoon sugar
½ teaspoon salt
Beat eggs in a large bowl until they are frothy.  Add remaining ingredients and beat until smooth.  Cover and store in fridge for a few hours to overnight (I stored overnight).  If you find the batter is too thick when you go to cook the crepes, add milk to thin it (I didn’t need to).  Pour approximately ¼ cup of the batter into a greased, hot crepe pan (I used a frying pan).  Tip the pan to swirl the batter all over the pan bottom (do this quickly, the crepe starts to cook the moment the batter hits the pan).  Remove from the pan when the underside starts to brown.  Cool and stack with waxed paper between each crepe.  If you aren’t using the crepes right away, wrap them in plastic and store in the fridge or into a freezer bag. 
Cream Cheese Filling - Source – Company’s Coming Desserts
1 package cream cheese, softened
¼ cup sugar
1 cup sour cream
Beat cream cheese, sugar and sour cream well. 
Strawberry Sauce
2 lb strawberries, washed, hulled and sliced
In a medium sized pot, put the washed, sliced strawberries.  Add a smidge of sugar (yes, just a smidge!).  Warm over medium heat until the strawberries start to break down, forming a chunky strawberry sauce.
Putting it all Together:
When you are ready to use your pre-made crepes, bring them out of the fridge (or freezer).  Use a pancake griddle to slowly warm the browned side of the crepes to your desired serving temperature.  Spread the cream cheese filling on the unbrowned side of the crepe and roll.  Top with the warmed strawberry sauce, a dollop of whipping cream, and serve!
VERDICT:
This was like having dessert for breakfast.  It was such a nice treat!  My husband and I both really enjoyed these crepes, and are already planning for our strawberry-banana ones tomorrow morning.  Our oldest son isn’t much of a cream cheese fan so we had to modify his slightly to just crepes and strawberries.  He still wasn’t as “in love” with the breakfast as we were (he prefers fluffy pancakes) but he did clean his plate.  I am really happy that I made the crepes the day before, so all we needed to do was warm, fill and roll in the morning – quick process and we all got to eat together!  I will be making this again!
I would love for you to come visit me over at Addicted to Recipes and see what else I've been up to!

Thanks Dawn fror sharing this with us today!
Make sure before you leave you stop by Sweet & Simple Sunday #7 and link up your favorite recipes, crafts, or ideas. And if you'd like to be a Guest Blogger please contact me at
Thanks for stopping by! Now go check out Addicted to Recipes and share the love!

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE crepes! I haven't made them in quite awhile but after seeing these drool worthy pictures I think it's time to change that! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those crepes look delicious! I've never made crepes before something about them intimidates me, but I love them.

    ReplyDelete